GENERAL REFUND & EXCHANGE POLICY
Updated 08/10/2022 for the 2022 Season.
Once an order is placed, generally, there are NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES. ALL SALES ARE FINAL. However, there are a few exceptions, as noted below.
The RISE is a very expensive event to produce. Once you purchase your tickets, the funds are immediately used to deliver the experience to you on the specific date and time you purchased for. If you choose not to attend, your tickets are neither refundable nor exchangeable because those funds have been used to deliver the event regardless of whether you were there or not.
If you find out later that you are unable to attend on the original date/time you purchased for, the tickets are transferable so you may give your tickets to family or friends.
We are only able to provide exceptions for refunds/exchanges in the following situations:
1. PRE-SALE CUSTOMERS: If you purchased tickets prior to September 1st, you may request a full-refund by Contacting Us on or before September 1st, no questions asked.
2. WITHIN 24 HOURS OF ORDERING: Mistakes happen. If you feel you’ve made a mistake in ordering and notify us via email by Contacting Us within 24 hours of placing your order, we’ll give you a full refund, no questions asked, as long as your ticket date/time is at least 48 hours away. No refunds will be provided if you purchase tickets for a date/time that occurs less than 48 hours after your purchase.
3. SECOND ORDER: If you’re unable to attend the date and time you originally purchased for and your event date is more than 3 days away, you can do a "Second Order" exchange. If you place a second order for another date and time, we’ll refund your original order in full provided that:
a. Your second order contains the same number of tickets as your original order.
b. Your second order is placed at least 3 days prior to the event date/time of your original tickets.
c. Both your original order and second order were placed through our website using the same account and email address.
To take advantage of the "Second Order" refund option, please place your second order, THEN send BOTH your original order number AND your new order number to us through the Contacting Us page. A $2.50 per ticket exchange fee will be incurred for this option - however, this fee will be waived if you purchased your tickets prior to September 21st or if your tickets are for a date and time that is 7 or more days away at the time you contact us.
3. ILLNESS: In the case of illness, you may purchase tickets for a different date and time and obtain a refund for the unused tickets in your original order, as long as your second order is placed prior to the event date/time of your original tickets and you order the same number of tickets in your second order as in your first order. After you purchase tickets for a new date and time because of illness, send BOTH your original order number AND your new order number to us through the Contacting Us page and we will refund the affected tickets in your original order. If the ticket date of your original order is less than 3 days away, you must also send along a doctors note or other documentation showing the illness to qualify for the refund. If your ticket date is less than 3 days away and you don't have any documentation, we will not be able to provide you with a refund on your original order.
If you choose not to pick an alternative date/time during the 2022 season, or if you don't have any documentation as noted above, you may request to exchange your tickets for vouchers for opening weekend of the 2023 season, as long as you submit your request PRIOR to the date and time on your original tickets. Unused tickets for past dates or times are not eligible for exchange or refund.
4. DANGEROUS WEATHER / UNSAFE CONDITIONS: The RISE is a rain or shine event. We do not close unless there is a dangerous condition present. Refunds and/or exchanges are not provided if it's raining and the event is still on as scheduled. If dangerous weather is forecasted, The RISE will attempt to make a cancellation determination by 4pm and post a message about the cancellation on our website https://www.jackolanterns.com. If the event is postponed, The RISE reserves the right to reschedule the event to a different date and time. Affected ticket holders MUST arrive at their regularly scheduled time slot on the postponement date with their unused RISE tickets. If you are unable to attend on the new date, you may give your tickets to family/friend/etc. If an alternate date and time option is provided to you and you choose not to go, WE WILL NOT OFFER REFUNDS for any unused tickets. In the event that a date and/or timeslot is cancelled and no general postponement date and time is offered, ticket holders will be notified via email with information regarding alternate ticket exchange and/or refund options.
DANGEROUS WEATHER POLICY
The RISE is a rain or shine event. However, for the safety of our guests, we reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to postpone any timed ticket to a later time in the night OR to a different date and time of our choice in the following circumstances. If an alternate date and time option is provided to you and you choose not to go, WE WILL NOT OFFER REFUNDS for any unused tickets.
WIND: If the National Weather Service and/or NOAA issues a Wind Warning with sustained wind speeds of 40 MPH OR gusts of 58 MPH during the time of the event.
LIGHTNING: If NOAA issues a warning predicting lightning will be imminent OR if lightning is detected within 8 miles of the event.
OTHER: The RISE may cancel if, in our sole judgment, or in the judgement of the venue, an extreme weather or other condition presents a safety issue for our visitors and staff.
TICKET MISUSE WARNING
Tickets may only be used once. After they are scanned, they cannot be used again. Anyone attempting to gain entry with a previously scanned ticket will be denied entry. It’s important that you don’t mistakenly print your tickets twice and have more than one person attempt entry using the same ticket number.
THIRD PARTY TICKET SELLER WARNING
The only valid tickets to RISE of the Jack O'Lanterns are those purchased directly from our website, Jackolanterns.com. Tickets purchased from third party sellers or from individuals may be invalid for entry into our event. Visitors attempting to use invalid tickets will be denied entry. We are unable to assist visitors who did not purchase tickets directly from our website, jackolanterns.com. Make sure you purchase your tickets directly from us.